The course is designed to enable students to discover and exploit their personal inspirations. It is suitable for students looking forward to create their portfolios. Fashion designers looking to design their own fabric prints. Interior designers that like to design home furnishing fabrics, and Graphic designers attempting to design fabric prints for fashion or interiors.
On completion, students will have a portfolio of their textile design beginnings.
- Understanding of textiles
- Working with abstract objects
- Different printing methods including screen printing
- How to create repeat prints + color ways
- Weaving by different methods
- Creating motif repeats and developing unique print designs
- Looking at textiles of the past + Influential textile designers
- Realization of conceptual vision
- Portfolio presentation
- Certificate (3 months)
- High Certificate (6 months)
- Diploma (1 year)